Bruce Reyes-Chow, the very distinguished moderator of the PCUSA started this meme, and I have been tagged not only by Pappan but also by Neal. So here goes:
- •In about 25 words each, answer the following five questions (I always break this one!).
- •Tag five presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged.
- •Be sure to link to this original post.
- •Leave a comment or send a trackback to this post so others can find you.
1) What is your favorite faith-based hymn, song or chorus?
I think I am going to agree with Carol on Be Thou My Vision. Something about that song breaks me on the inside. I love to play it, sing it, strum to it, etc.
2) What was the context, content and/or topic of the last sermon that truly touched, convicted, inspired, challenged, comforted and/or otherwise moved you?
Probably Bill’s sermon series on the Beatitudes. It was all about how impossible they are if you really try to follow them, about what they mean in a context that isn’t homogenous, how we hear and respond the the kingdom they represent.
3) If you could have all Presbyterians read just one of your previous posts, what would it be and why?
Hmm… interesting question. Maybe this one. or This one…not sure to be honest!
4) What are three PC(USA) flavored blogs you read on a regular basis?
hmmm… i like the following:
5) If the PC(USA) were a movie, what would it be and why?
Hmm… I find it disturbing that everyone seems to have picked creepy movies to relate to the PCUSA… So I will choose something light-hearted. Let’s say, Hancock. Cuz if we wanted to we could be bad-ass, you know? We just need to get it together.
I don’t know who to pass this on to… i got in late, so perhaps I will let it be, unless I get hounded.